Businesses around the world spend trillions of dollars each year for IT and most of which is system integration costs. Many companies are still wasting money for custom software development, while others are spending hundreds of billions on incorrect integration. Finally, the overall costs of integration is actually higher than the costs of integrated software. However, there is a way to save money and time used on system integration.
When considering custom integrations from legacy systems into a cloud service, for instance, it's important to plan these costs to get a true picture of the budget. After proceeding with the integration several times, we have discovered how we can save time and cost in a number of steps.
- Familiarise yourself with the API- consideration including data structures, protocols, and user authentication. What type of web service does the endpoint support? REST, SOAP, or is it an SDK?
- Build a prototype by building minimal functionality to prove the connectivity
- Create MVP (minimum viable product) to tests the prototype
- Manage transaction, hardening process that will account for the durability of the integration
- Log for debugging and customer support reasons every time a transaction is completed
- Monitor your integration includes adding service alerts and web hook
- Documentation which allows other team members to pick up
In this webinar, we will share our experience on:
- Integration does matter
- What hinder your growth?
- Challenges with legacy systems
- Keep or buy?
- A blue sky for 'buy'?
- Live with legacy
We hope that this webinar will help you understand more about the requirement from the circular as well as independent report for your IT vendors.
This event will incorporate slides which you can view on a PC and audio broadcast technology which requires only the speakers in your device. Therefore, on the day, please ensure the audio volume of your device is turned up. You are recommended to log in the webinar (which will be provided by email after your successful registration) a few minutes before the webinar starts to make sure you have no problem with the connection.
Details are as follows:
||Tuesday, 24 March 2020
||3:30pm - 5:30pm (Webinar Session)
||Cantonese, supplemented by English presentation materials
||Free of Charge
||1. For any enquiries, please contact Cecilia Young at +852 2218 3760 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
||2. Login information will be sent to you by email after successfull registration.
||3. BDO reserves the final right of acceptance of registration.