December 2019. This is when the world received its first confirmed case of COVID-19. Within months, it became a global pandemic infecting millions around the world, threatening the lives of countless along the way. Billions of workers become staggered at work; businesses are experiencing unprecedented challenges in their own ways.
In these chaotic and bleak moments, business leaders must develop a mindset that will allow them to steer their companies through the tides of uncertainty, one that is based upon resilience thinking. COVID-19 have demonstrated to the world that it is not viable for businesses to focus solely on business growth, it is even more important to strive for sustainability and flexibility in situations of a crisis or an epidemic. Ultimately, it is about staying ahead in this forever changing world, and learning how to react swiftly to adapt.
In this webinar, we will share with you our observations and insights on the ways to tackle the different unprecedented challenges resulting from the COVID-19 outbreak, including:
- What are the issues that you may experience when practicing remote working and how to address them?
- Does the current performance evaluation system need to be changed? If so, how and why?
- How has COVID-19 changed the current and future working environment and what do companies need to do? For example, current and future hiring requirements and expectations?
- What will the resourcing landscape look like in the near future?
We will also share the common trends in resourcing strategies – how companies can change to become more flexible and resilient.
About the speakers
PORTIA TANG, Director and Head of Professional Resources Solutions and Client Services, BDO
- Possesses 20 years of experience in professional and management consultancy firms gained in HK & Australia
- Specialised and experienced in advising clients on a large variety of topics including business outsourcing, talent acquisition & management, risk & compliance, project management, and etc
- In the recent years, Portia focused on introducing the concepts of Gig Economy, Talent Sharing and promoting the benefits of adopting of a Hybrid Resourcing model to the HR community in Hong Kong
- A fellow member of Chartered Accountants (ANZ), Chairlady (2017) and a Committee Member (2013-2019) of the Hong Kong Group. She is also a member of the HKICPA
CHRISTY LAM, Senior Manager of Professional Resources Solutions, BDO
- A qualified accountant with professional services experience in one of the Big Fours prior to joining the recruitment industry
- Possesses 10 years' experience in the recruitment and headhunting industry, with a focus on the placement of mid to senior level professionals
- Established an excellent reputation for providing quality consultative advice and services to both clients and candidates
This event will incorporate slides which you can view on a PC and audio broadcast technology which requires only the speakers in your device. Therefore, on the day, please ensure the audio volume of your device is turned up. You are recommended to log in the webinar (which will be provided by email after your successful registration) a few minutes before the webinar starts to make sure you have no problem with the connection.
Details are as follows:
|Date & Language
||Wednesday, 8 July 2020 - English Session
||2:30pm - 3:30pm (Webinar session)
||Free of Charge
||1. For any enquiries, please contact contact Kiki Ho at +852 2218 8913 or email@example.com.
||2. Login information will be sent to you by email after successful registration.
||3. BDO reserves the final right of acceptance of registration.