Gabriel Wong is the director of Specialist Advisory of the firm.
Gabriel has more than 14 years of experience advising clients on matters relating to forensic accounting, regulatory and internal investigations and breach of contract and shareholders’ disputes resolutions. He leads investigations into issues concerning financial fraud, bribery and corruption, irregular rebates and kickbacks, misappropriation of assets, financial statement manipulation, employees' conflicts of interests, management misconduct and collusion, theft of proprietary information, anomalous accounting treatments, conspiracy to defraud and suspicious related party transactions. He is also experienced in the review of internal controls, investigative due diligence, compliance training, anti-money laundering compliance reviews, and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act related investigations and reviews.
Gabriel also previously worked in a regulatory authority's enforcement division performing investigations into complaints regarding financial institutions.
Gabriel has served leading companies in various industries including property development, construction, semi-conductors, telecommunications, electronics, advertising, healthcare, chemicals, metals, apparel, banking, electricity, automobiles, quantity surveying, professional associations, quality assurance, gaming, natural resources and textile in the Asian region with a focus on PRC. He has advised multinational companies having significant presence in Asia which include private institutions and public companies listed in various stock exchanges worldwide.
Qualifications and professional affiliations
- Fellow member of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Fellow member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- Fellow member of the Association of Hong Kong Accountants
- Founding member of the Hong Kong Chapter of the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists
- Associate member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners and its Hong Kong Chapter
- Practising fellow member (accounting) of the Academy of Experts