Johnson Kong has over 35 years of professional accounting experience. He specialises in financial investigation, forensic and litigation support, restructuring, receivership and insolvency related assignments.
In addition to being the Managing Director of the Firm's Non-Assurance Services, as an International Liaison Partner, Johnson is in constant communication with many BDO offices round the globe looking after the service needs of inbound and outbound BDO clients. He is also a member of the BDO International Forensic Leadership Group.
Johnson is the President of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA). In addition, he is the Chairman of its Great Bay Area Committee and Nomination Committee. He is also a Past Chairman of the Restructuring & Insolvency Faculty of HKICPA, Past President of the Hong Kong Institute of Accredited Accounting Technicians and an Ex-Executive Board Member of INSOL.
Other current professional /public appointments
- Member, Securities and Futures Appeals Tribunal, Financial Services and the Treasury Bureau, The HKSAR
- Member, Small and Medium Practices Committee, International Federation of Accountants
- Member, Audit Committee, The University of Hong Kong
- Member, Advisory Board on Accountancy, Lingnan University
- Member, Mainland Business Advisory Committee, Hong Kong Trade Development Council
Qualifications and professional affiliations
- Fellow of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (Practising)
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Honorary Member, Shenzhen Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of CPA Australia
- Member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners